On Wednesday 13 September 2006 06:27, Dale wrote:
> > With these USE flags in place I do not have gnome on my
> > system:
> >
> > -eds -esd -gnome -gtk
> >
> > Proof:
> > # equery l gnome
> > [ Searching for package 'gnome' in all categories among: ]
> >  * installed packages
> > #
> >

> Cool.  I need to mark this one important so I can find it
> again.  Do you notice anything missing like in OOo,
> Mozilla/Seamonkey or anything like that??

FWIW I've now gotten my system much closer to where I want it,
with the same 4 USE flags removed. The only packages still left
with some remnant of gnome in them are seamonkey, firefox,
openoffice and xine-lib, all of which I know function just fine
without gnome. Big compiles so I'm saving them for the weekend

alan