On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 15:53 -0700, Ryan Tandy wrote:
> Iain Buchanan wrote:
>  > [...]
>
> mmm.  I'm rather fuzzy on exactly how it's done, but what you're going
> to have to do is set up a ~/.asoundrc that sets spdif as the default
> output device.

really?  It used to just go to both outputs (spdif and headphone jack)
and I used to just move a volume slider depending on which one I
wanted... I wonder why it's changed...

I don't particularly want to send everything over the spdif by default,
cause a lot of the time I don't have the laptop plugged into the hifi.

Thanks for the links though!

cya,

There are worse things in life than death.  Have you ever spent an evening
with an insurance salesman?
                -- Woody Allen