Don't mean to hijack this thread, but my situation is probably similar to the
OP.

On Friday 15 September 2006 02:57, Daniel Iliev wrote:
> Iain Buchanan wrote:

> > Finally, if it still doesn't work, post what you see from
> > tail -f /var/log/messages
> > or whatever your syslog is, when you press the power button.

ACPI event unhandled: button/sleep C1A3 00000080 00000001

> You have to activate "button" under ACPI in the kernel:

I have this activated, but nothing happens other than the unhandled event
error above.

> After emergeing acpid and runing it, you should have "shutdown now"
> mapped to your power button.

I would rather have hibernate mapped to it.  How?

PS. I think that sleep (save to RAM) does not work on this laptop, not when X
is running anyway.
--
Regards,
Mick