On 9/15/06, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<SNIP>
Total size of downloads: 0 kB
camille ~ # uname -a
Linux camille 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP Fri Sep 15 09:56:25 CDT 2006 i686
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz GNU/Linux
camille ~ #

I cat /dev/video0 > temp.mpg and watched it, but there wasn't anything
there.  What I mean is, although there was a black background in
gmplayer, I didn't see any TV programming.  Can anyone help with this?

MIchael,
  Sorry you're having these problems. I've been through the same sort
of thing a number of times.

1) Until you can cat ivtv output to a file and get video in that file
don't bother with MythTV.

2) After you get file playback working my experience is that you
should delete your current cards and connetions, leaving the Zap2It
stuff alone, and then recreate the cards and connections.

  Can you rmmod all the ivtv modules - all of them - and then
modprobe ivtv again and post the output in dmesg? do an lsmod ahead of
the modprobe so ensure everything is really unloaded.

Cheers,
Mark