Am Mittwoch 27 September 2006 04:08 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> Hi,
>
>    Short version: Where does the cups-pdf printer put output files by
> default?
>
>    I emerged cups-pdf and installed a printer using it. No problems
> setting up a PDF printer (as far as I can tell) but I cannot find any
> output when I print a test page. I did restart cups to ensure the new
> printer was really enabled.
>
>    eix cups-pdf points me at this web site:
>
> http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf
>
> Looking there indicates we are supposed to copy a config file to
> /etc/cupsd but the file isn't there after the emerge, nor is it in
> /etc/conf.d as far as I can tell. Is it required? I would assume so
> but maybe the docs are out of date?
>
>    Thanks in advance for any pointers you can provide.

Hi Mark,

cups-pdf uses /var/spool/cups-pdf/$USER as output-directory.

I extended my .bashrc with following line:

test -e $HOME/PDF || ln -s /var/spool/cups-pdf/$USER $HOME/PDF

So I can use $HOME/PDF to access my PDFs.

If you want to change output-directory you may also
edit '/etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf'.

--
 Michael Gisbers
 http://www.lugor.de