On Friday 06 October 2006 06:49, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On 10/5/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Friday 06 October 2006 04:32, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> > > gcc -Wall ctype.c -o ctype
> > > I get
> > > ctype.c:21: warning: implicit declaration of function 'isblank'
> >
> > $ gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall ctype.c -o ctype
>
> Why would this need a GNU-specific flag?  Aren't these things some
> level of POSIX?  (I'm only guessing; FSF may well have added one
> or two, and I want to know either way).

After sending the previous mail I figured I probably should have eloborated a
bit. I didn't actually bother to look up the standards but instead I looked
in <ctype.h> to find this info...

$ gcc -Wall -o test-kev test-kev.c
test-kev.c: In function ‘main’:
test-kev.c:15: advarsel: implicit declaration of function ‘isblank’
$ gcc -std=c99 -Wall -o test-kev test-kev.c
test-kev.c: In function ‘main’:
test-kev.c:14: advarsel: implicit declaration of function ‘isascii’
$ gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall -o test-kev test-kev.c
$

The point is unless someone made a mistake in <ctype.h> isblank is part of the
C99 standard and isascii is a GNU extension...

--
Bo Andresen