On Sunday 08 October 2006 04:10, Helmut Jarausch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about '[gentoo-user] new package in
an portage overlay tree - howto':
> I'd like to add  dev-lang/D  for the language D
> in my overlay tree.
> Even the very first
> ebuild <Path to my overlay tree>/dev-lang/D/D-xxx.ebuild digest
> says
> !!! /LOCAL/local/portage does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR
> structure.

What is the exact, full path to this ebuild?  And what is the exact, full
value of PORTDIR_OVERLAY as reported by emerge --info?

Here's an example from my system:
$ emerge --info | grep OVERLAY
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
$ ls /usr/local/portage/media-video/andrew/andrew-1.2.ebuild
/usr/local/portage/media-video/andrew/andrew-1.2.ebuild

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest