2006/10/8, Jan-Hendrik Zab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 15:35:49 -0400
Statux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Question: Is there a way that I can get Portage to run through the
> packages/ebuilds and, instead of downloading anything from the net, just
> have it show me which files were not in /usr/portage/distfiles which
> will be needed?
>
> So if I had 8 packages which needed upgrading, which would result in (an
> estimated) 6,382K of downloads, is there some way for me to have it go
> through each one of those all at once, similar to --fetchonly, and have
> it spit out a list of everything which it did not find on the local
> system?

Dunno about any script, but first step would be:

        emerge -uD -fp world

Then just filter it, e.g. in every line cut everything after the first
white space and throw the meat to wget.

Hi,

I would do something like this :

- "emerge aria2" on your box (nice wget replacement which can download
from more hosts/protocols at the same time).

- run this command on your mother's box :

for url in $(emerge -fpuvDN world|grep -v "These are the packages that
would be fetched, in order:"|grep -v "Calculating") ; do echo ; echo
aria2c $url ;done > packages.sh

- copy the packages.sh on your box

-  run  ". packages.sh" on your box. This will download all the
required pakages in the current directory.

regards,

Boris.

        Jan-Hendrik Zab

--
| Jan-Hendrik Zab
| +49 (0)1773392888
| http://www.v3ng34nce.org

Quiconque me parle de Dieu en veut à ma bourse ou à ma liberté.