> > mount /dev/dvd
> > TITLE=$(vobcopy -I 2>&1 | awk '/DVD-name:/ {print $3}')
> > vobcopy -m || exit
> > mkisofs -dvd-video -V ${TITLE} -o ${TITLE}.iso ${TITLE} || exit
> > rm -fr ${TITLE}
> > umount /dev/dvd
>
> Thanks for the script.  I set it up to temporarily use my dd images as
> the source, and it looks like the iso comes out about 13MB smaller
> than the dd image.  Does that make sense?

I guess that could be down to the encryption overhead.

> Also, mkisofs didn't like -o ${TITLE}.iso and errored with something
> like:

> '.iso' is an invalid atom
>
> Does ${TITLE}.iso need quotes?

It shouldn't, because disc names shouldn't include spaces, but it's
probably safest to add them, because shouldn't rarely equals doesn't. The
error looks like it could be caused by a space at the end of the movie
name, although awk should have removed that.

I tried using vobcopy to decrypt my "The Life of Mammals" dd images
and, strangely, it's not working.  vobcopy outputs the same error that
dvdbackup did, something about an error cracking the CSS keys, which
comes from libdvdcss.  VLC plays the post-vobcopy image just fine, but
it won't play in totem and mplayer.  The weird thing is, vobcopy
seemed to decrypt perfectly when working straight from the DVD so that
the image could be played in all the players.  I don't have the DVD
now to test with.

I guess I'll just have to do more testing when I can.

- Grant