On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:

On Thursday 12 October 2006 00:56, Jorge Almeida wrote:
I did "emerge -p --depclean" and it would remove x11-base/xorg-x11
(version 7.0-r1).
Now, how can this be? (No, I don't run a X-less workstation!)
I know --depclean  is not to be blindly trusted, but is this normal?

As has been mentioned before on this list you could still run your X programs
with an external X server. Hence it's not that unlikely that nothing requires
a local X server. To tell it you want to keep the local X server run:

# emerge --noreplace xorg-x11

I don't understand: doesn't the "X" USE variable implies that a local
server is required?
--
Jorge Almeida