I did not know about python-updater.  Should I re-install the old
version of python again, and then run python-updater?  Right now it
complains about there not being an old version of python.

Gotta run to work for now though. :(

On 10/12/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thursday 12 October 2006 08:30, PaulNM wrote:
>  It looks like an old version of python is still on your system from
> when there was an ebuild for it. I'd suggest "emerge -p --depclean" to
> see if it would remove it.

emerge --depclean doesn't clean old slots. It will keep all installed versions
of python since at least portage requires it... emerge --prune will remove
old slots. It won't notice if the old slots are needed though.. (Which is
unlikely if he has run python-updater) ;) Finally if he did have python-2.3.x
installed it should show up on `equery list python`.

--
Bo Andresen