I have a mail directory with several hundred spammish emails that have
been collecting over the past month.  I haven't gotten around to
processing them yet ([EMAIL PROTECTED] if available, blocked if not)  I
would like to write a script that would extract the IP addresses from
all these emails, but I can't figure out how to get grep to cooperate.
I created a perl regular expression for matching against IP addresses
and tried to pass it to grep, but it wouldn't return anything.  I don't
know what I'm doing wrong.  Here's my command:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/.maildir/.SPAM/cur $ cat * | grep -P m/\d+\.\d+\.\d
+\.\d+/