Hi Guys,

Is there a policy for the syncing of the mirrors, that would prevent
inconsistencies?  I'm not talking about inconsistencies with the
master server(s), as that would be kind of difficult to have atomic
syncing between all servers involved.  What I'm referring to is
inconsistencies in terms of me syncing with a mirror.

I can't count how many times I've had a problem, gone on a wild goose
hunt, and then ended up syncing again and it works.  Could this be due
to one of the mirrors doing a sync, while it's own rsync is still
accepting connections?  If so, then I may get a portage tree that is
not properly synced.

If each mirror's rsync is not shutdown during syncing, wouldn't it be
better if it actually was?  I think we'd rather get a connection
refused message, and have *emerge* try another mirror, than to have an
inconsistent portage state, don't we think?

Any thoughts?