On 10/14/06, Steve Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Saturday 14 October 2006 06:21, Trenton Adams wrote:
> I use dispatch-conf all the time.  I too have never looked back.
>
> I use diff="vimdiff -R %s %s" in /etc/dispatch-conf.conf
>
> NOT SURE WHAT '-R' IS now though.  Perhaps it should not be there.

-R tells vim to be read only, so you cannot edit the files. It is probably a
sensible option in this case.

Oh yes, that brings back memories.  I had forgotten that vimdiff
passes most arguments to vim.

> Then I add the following line to my .vimrc, which allows me to press
> F2 to exit the vimdiff windows in one shot.
> map <F2> <Esc>:q<CR><Esc>:q<CR>

A more general version would be:

map <F2> <Esc>:qa<CR>

as :qa quits all buffers, so it could be used to exit from vim with any number
of open buffers.

When I created it, I was thinking of how to quit both buffers.  Never
thought of looking for a quit *all*. :)  Thanks.

Steve
--

2.6.17-gentoo-r8 Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2300  @ 1.66GHz GNU/Linux

 12:32:08 up 22 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.08, 0.08

It'll be a nice world if they ever get it finished.