On 10/14/06, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks,

On Saturday 14 October 2006 19:27, Harm Geerts wrote:
> On Saturday 14 October 2006 19:45, Mick wrote:
> > I have a vhost account with an ISP and he's given me ssh access - which
> > is nice.  However, his /etc/sshd_config is set to allow passwd
> > authentication rather than public key and there's no
> > ~/.ssh/authorised_keys dir/file in my home.
>
> How does that matter?
> You should be able to create that yourself.

Hmm, I can't!  This is a FreeBSD server and it's rather locked down with
respect to normal user access rights.

> ssh doesn't care about vhost

[...]
So, all I
need to ask them to do is uncomment #Match User and add my user name and
options?  Like so:
=================================
Match User mick
        PubkeyAuthentication yes
        AuthorizedKeysFile     ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
        PasswordAuthentication no

Is that correct?

Correct, provided you have sufficient permissions to create this file
(or at modify it) on the server, which apparently is not the case yet

--
Régis

http://regis.decamps.info/blog/