On Sunday 22 October 2006 16:09, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Disabling net.ath0 backgrounding':
> > Sorry, I'm just not that wireless savvy, but everything looks fine to
> > me. Again, keep in mind that I've never used wpa_supplicant so I don't
> > know if that changes things.
> I'm using wpa_supplicant so I can connect via WPA encryption.  Do you
> know if I should be able to do that with wireless-tools instead?

From the documentation in wireless.example (which is only used with
iwconfig / wireless-tools) you can do WPA on certain drivers, like the
rt2500.

I believe you will need to use wpa_supplicant with your atheros chipset.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest