Raymond Lewis Rebbeck ha scritto:
An easy way to rip cds is to go to 'audiocd://' in konqueror, then it will show some folders containing mp3s, oggs and flac files which you can then copy and paste to whereever you want and the cd ripping and encoding will be handled transparently for you.

When, months ago, kde 3.5 went stable and I switched, my audiocd:// seems horribly broken. Sad, because I did love that feature a lot.

When I put the audiocd in and I click on the icon in media:/ window, KDE just says it can't recognize the cd at all (cannot mount, bad superblock blahblah).

The cd's play just fine if I play them with, let's say, XMMS or Xine, so it's not hardware fault.

Any hint? I tried emerging and re-emerging kdemultimedia etc. but nothing helped.

m.