Hello list,

I am having difficulty configuring the path variables of a MakeFile.  I am
tring to build
pg_filedump with no success.  You'll have to forgive me if this is a
no-brainer,  this is my first
attempt at building software without the aid of emerge.

Here are the instructions in the README:
There are two makefiles included in this package.  Makefile is a
standalone makefile for pg_filedump.  Alter the include and src
variables to point to the proper directories.  Makefile.contrib can be
used if the package was untarred in the contrib directory of a
PostgreSQL/RHDB build tree.

  make
  make install (if in the contrib directory)

Here are the paths the path variable that I am using:
#INCLUDE=/usr/include/pgsql/server
INCLUDE=/usr/include/postgresql/server

# PGSQL MUST POINT TO pgsql SOURCE DIRECTORY
#PGSQL=../../../../postgres/pgsql
PGSQL=/usr/lib/postgresql

Here is what I am getting when I "make"

make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/postgresql/src/backend/utils/hash/pg_crc.c', needed by
`pg_crc.o'.  Stop.

I am pretty sure I specified the correct Include directory.  But I really don't
have a clue what
the SOURCE directory should be.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks for any help.