On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 20:25 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> > > Unless you're using a laptop.
> >
> > Solar UPS?
>
> Battery!

actually laptops are worse - on mine laptop-mode doesnt detect when a
battery runs out - so everything goes black!

On one occasion I lost most of an ext3 file system, so I went back to
reiserfs and no more problems.  I have lost small areas of data with
reiserfs (nothing recent though - very stable), but on ext3 Ive lost
whole systems (desktops, and the laptop mentioned above).

BillK