On Saturday 28 October 2006 21:46, Richard Fish wrote:

> It isn't something they can fix on their end.
>
> You didn't mention what browser you are using, but assuming it is
> firefox does the flash plugin show up when you go to "about:plugins"?
> If not, then somehow it is not installed or not installed correctly.
>
> Another possibility is that they are using flash version 8 or higher,
> which had no linux version until a few weeks ago.  In this case you
> may try unmask the beta of netscape-flash-9.x with "echo
> '=net-www/netscape-flash-9*' >> /etc/portage/package.unmask".  I
> haven't tried it, but have seen reports of memory leaks and browser
> crashes that are attributable to this.
>
> Another option for flash8 compatibility is to install the windows
> version of firefox and flash under wine.  I have done this with some
> success.
>
> -Richard
I'm using Konqueror (3.5.2) with netscape-flash (7.0.68)
It's installed properly and working
The liverpool site clearly doesn't detect its presence or doesn't like it. In
the econsole If I click on "get adobe flash plugin" adobe offers me the the
same version as the one I have.
I guess I'll have to give flash 9 a go

Matt
--