William Kenworthy wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 11:11 -0500, fire-eyes wrote:
>> 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
>
>> I don't have a physical switch, but perhaps there is a software switch.
>> This laptop has never run windows, so I can't say that is a factor.
>>

> Using the ipw220 (sony vaio), it generates a message
> in /var/log/messages and dmesg saying the killwitch must be off for
> wireless to work.  If the killswitch is off (wireless working), there is
> no message in either.
>

> This is with the in-kernel drivers.
>
> BillK

Ahh okay, I use the external drivers.

I do have chances to test it now, as I got my wireless working again
back home. Linksys wrt54g v5 bricked (avoid those!), or so I thought it
did... stuck dd-wrt 23 SP 2 on it, and it's working VERY nicely...

Hopefully I won't keep having these issues, we'll see... but history
says I will.