On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, at 15:04 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

all, and none so far use that flag directly). I'll even predict money
that the new binaries are identical to the old ones.

yes, they are identical.

Forgive my saying this, but that is a stupendous waste of my cpu cycles
and time. A better solution must exist - if this moves to arch
unchanged the gentoo user base will go ballistic

from portage pkg_postinst:
In portage-2.1.1, emerge --newuse is now sensitive to changes in IUSE. Immediately after upgrade from 2.1, users may notice a significantly larger number of packages pulled in by --newuse, but that behavior is normal. For additional information regarding this change, please see bugs #116955, #144333, #144661, and #146060.

I recommend to burdening @ #116955, or helping @ #144333 :-)

--
emerge: (7 of 9) star-trek/species-8.4.7.2 Compile

    \__U_/