Hi,

Another ati problem. I wanted to try some eyecandy effects. I don't
like gnome so I install aiglx and beryl which are more compatible with
kde.

I have ati radeon xpress 200 on amd64. When I add an option

Option "Composite" "Enable"

to my xorg.conf my 3d accel is gone:

(II) fglrx(0): Composite extension enabled, disabling direct rendering
(WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed!                  *
(WW) fglrx(0): * (maybe driver kernel module missing or bad) *
(WW) fglrx(0): * 2D acceleraton available (MMIO)             *
(WW) fglrx(0): * no 3D acceleration available                *

Normally 3d is working ok (more less). I'm useing xorg-x11 7.1 and
x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.29.6.

Thanks,
oskar