On Thursday 02 November 2006 16:48, Grant wrote:

[snip]

> I did mean maxed out, and I said that because I seem to be having
> interference problems currently.  One of the two systems that
> connects to my 802.11g router stops the services that depend on
> net.ath0 after awhile, and I can't connect reliably at all on some
> channels.  Also, when I'm transferring a big file across the network,
> my (2.4Ghz) wireless keyboard really struggles.  The keyboard and
> three systems are all within an 8 foot radius of each other.

That sounds more like of the bazillion possible frequencies to use, all
your devices are trying to use the same one or two. So your problem is
with the hardware vendor and their stunning lack of foresight. If there
isn't a setting to change frequencies of the devices then I suppose you
are up a creek. Sorry :-)

> > Similar around here. With an effective range of about 2m, it will
> > take a lot more than a typical office or apartment building to
> > cause consistent interference over bluetooth
>
> 2 meters?  So you're pretty much at your computer.

Bluetooth's designed use case is a range of about 8 feet or so, so you
can connect one of your personal devices (like the dongle in your ear)
to another personal device (like the phone in your pocket). If you get
more than that, you are in luck but don't rely on it.

alan