Hi,

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:50:13 +0100
Arnau Bria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:33:31 +0100
> Arnau Bria wrote:
>
> > > As iptables is very depending on the kernel's API, did you
> > > - change kernel configuration?
> > nop. just make oldconfig with default values for new options.
>
> > > - try re-emerging iptables?
> I've recompiled iptables and I still have same problem...

Hrm. Rethinking this, it might be due to an older set of include files
in /usr/include/linux. But don't change that, it'll break various
things. It might also be older an older interface used by glibc.

Do you have other things emerged that are netfilter related?

You can try to

$ strace iptables-restore < iptables.saved

and post the last 10-30 lines of output here. There'll probably be a
getsockopt call that fails.

Also have a look at your kernel's "make menuconfig", the module
architecture for iptables has changed -- maybe "oldconfig" didn't do
its job well... but I doubt that, since I've compiled everything as
modules, too, and there's only the modules you mentioned first loaded
for me.

Are you running with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" ? Maybe you should try for
iptables, e.g.

$ ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge iptables

that should give you iptables-1.3.6(-r1).

-hwh