On 11/10/06, Jon M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The contents of my /boot/grub/grub.conf is as follows:

[snip]

Everything look normal so far?

Yep.

VFS: Cannot open root device "hda3" or unknown-block(0,0)

This is not a problem with your grub configuration.  The
"unknown-block(0,0)" tells me that the kernel cannot find a device for
hda3.  You probably missed either the device driver needed for your
IDE chipset, or IDE hard drive support in your kernel configuration.

If you need help figuring out what you need here, post the outputs of:

grep -v -e "^#" -e "^$" /usr/src/linux/.config
lspci -v

HTH,
-Richard