On Monday 13 November 2006 14:51, Mick wrote:
>> I'm running a stable-ish x86.  emerge -upDv world showed me this:
>
> [blocks B     ] kde-base/kde-env (is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.5-r5)
>
> so I unmerged kde-env, which didn't help,

As you should.

> then unmerged kdelibs

Don't know why you did that. :p

> (and plptools which came up when I ran emerge --tree), which seemed to
> resolve the issue.
[SNIP]
> # emerge -utpDv world
>
> These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
>
> Calculating world dependencies |
[SNIP]
> Total size of downloads: 15,159 kB
>
> Before I carry on unmerging other apps like kftpgrabber only to
> discover that I can't remerge them thereafter, is there a straight
> forward way of fixing this on a stable setup?

Actually I'd advice you to wait 3-4 hours then sync again. The fact is that
KDE 3.5.5 is currently being marked stable one package at a time. So until
then you will hit update/downgrade cycles because some packages require 3.5.2
and others 3.5.5...

--
Bo Andresen