On 11/18/06, Ryan Tandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that one shouldn't use a
journalling file system on flash-based devices such as USB drives (i.e.
you should use ext2 rather than ext3), but I can't find the reference
right now.  Can anyone clarify this for me?

That is my understanding as well, because flash devices are only good
for so many writes before they fail, and journalling filesystems write
consistently to the same area for every metadata update.  So I would
go with ext2, and make sure to mount it with the noatime option.

-Richard