On Tuesday 28 November 2006 17:45, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] HDD I/O and UI responsiveness':
> I read somewhere that they are trying to 'nice' the drive usage like
> they do the CPU.  That may help if you can find it and enable it.  I
> think it is in some of the very new kernels if I read it correctly.
> Sorry, I didn't bookmark it.  < slaps hand >

There's the ionice utility provided by...
<Running equery>
...sys-process/schedutils.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest