On 2006-12-03, Uwe Thiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 03 December 2006 15:28, Mick wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I want to copy a movie from a DVD which I bought in a shop, to another DVD
>> to take with me on holiday.  I'll be playing back the copy on my laptop and
>> (if it is feasible) the hotel's DVD player.
>>
>> I thought that K3B and a double layer blank DVD+R is all I need to burn an
>> iso image of the DVD.  After two expensive coasters (see other recent
>> topic) I came to the conclusion that the combination of
>> K3B/Phillips-DVD8421/Imation-DVD+R DL will just not work.  I could start
>> trying out different brands of DVD+R DL, but I cannot see a sustainable
>> economic case for persevering with my coaster production.  :-(
>
> So far, I haven't managed to burn any DL DVD.

I had a lot of trouble burning DVDs using a USB connected
drive.  I moved the drive internal and connected it directly to
the IDE controller and since have had no problems burning
either single or double layer.  [IIRC, it's an vanilla OEM
Samsung drive.]

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. my NOSE is NUMB!
                                  at