On 3 Dec 2006, at 15:31, Neil Bothwick wrote:

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:28:42 +0000, Mick wrote:

I want to copy a movie from a DVD which I bought in a shop, to another
DVD to take with me on holiday.  I'll be playing back the copy on my
laptop and (if it is feasible) the hotel's DVD player.

If you want to be able to play it on a standard DVD player, you need to transcode it into MPEG2, the format used by DVDs, at a lower bitrate...

Since Mick has dual-layer DVDs he could even copy it ay the same bit- rate. He is experiencing problems because his DVDs are region-encoded & he has not decrypted them.

Stroller.