On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:53:30 +0200, Daniel Iliev wrote:

> Well, I've tested RoundCube and I confirm it's very easy to install and
> very nice looking web mail application...But...what about security? It's
> not in the portage so there are no gentoo devs to take care of it. Since
> I would not go the way of checking for exploits and patching it myself I
> prefer SquirrelMail. If someday gentoo decides to include RoundCube in
> the portage, only then I'll think of using it in a production system.

There's an announcement mailing list for Roundcube that is a "Read-only
list with announcements like new versions, security bugs and more."

Subscribing to that should keep you abreast of any security issues and
updates.

Roundcube is still in beta, I wouldn't expect it to be added to portage
until 1.0 is due for release.

--
Neil Bothwick

The Flintstones probably had a PC!