#de_DE ISO-8859-1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ISO-8859-15
#es_MX ISO-8859-1
#fa_IR UTF-8
#fr_FR ISO-8859-1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ISO-8859-15
#it_IT ISO-8859-1

The file says this, tho:
# Whenever glibc is emerged, the locales listed here will be automatically
# rebuilt for you.  After updating this file, you can simply run `locale-gen`
# yourself instead of re-emerging glibc.

which leads me to believe that it only applies to glibc.

I've remerged everything with -nls, and things are well.  uim failed
with an error about "mygettext not declared in this scope", so I set
it to +nls in package.use, and it's happy again.

On 12/16/06, Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 09:57:51AM -0500, Ryan Sims wrote

> Thanks.  I do have my LINGUAS variable set to "en," but as I understand
> it[1], the LINGUAS variable is expanded to use flags, so ebuilds that don't
> use those flags wont respect LINGUAS, is that correct?
>
> [1]http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/linguas/index.html

  What do your /etc/locale.gen and /etc/locales.build files look like?
I've commented out a whole slew of languages in them.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://techsec.blog.ca

Ryan W Sims