Justin Findlay <justin <at> jfindlay.us> writes:

> > But, for some reason it just dies on a amd64 with an ATI-1900 XT
> > card. I just got the ati-drivers happy on this system. When I fire
> > up bzflag, it takes control of the screen for a fraction of a second.

> Have you made sure you enabled/disabled the proper modules in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf and followed the howto?

> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/dri-howto.xml

yes,

glxinfo | grep redering  <says>
direct rendering: Yes

glxgears runs OK

on default size about 830 FPS

on full screen size about 250 FPS

I'm using the ati-drivers binaries as the radeon driver allowd bzflag to work
but it as so slow it crashed.

The card is based on the newest R580 chip....

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc
R580 [Radeon X1900 XT] Primary

It seems to be working, but, bzflag is not happy.....