On Tue, 2006-26-12 at 19:24 -0500:

...[snip]...

> > Good, however you should not really need to use ansi-mode.
> > I do not, and don't have the trouble you mentioned.
> >
> > In normal shell-mode (M-x shell) I do see the escape sequences you
> > mention but not in eshell (M-x eshell).

...[snip]...

I have similar problems with xemacs. Both shell and eshell act the same
and there seems to be no ansi-term for xemacs. This used to work fine.

Could this be a terminfo problem? When I do the following in a xemacs
shell:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ echo $TERM
emacs
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ find /usr/share/terminfo -name emacs -print
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $

Doesn't this indicate that the terminal type "emacs" is missing from the
terminfo database. If so, how would I get it back?

Tom