Grant Edwards <grante <at> visi.com> writes:

> I'm currently testing an 8.28.8-r1 ebuild.  Once I'm confident
> I haven't broken anything, I'll post it.

Hello Grant,

I have a ATI 1900 card:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc R580 [Radeon X1900 XT]
Primary
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc R580 [Radeon X1900 XT]
Secondary

Let me know where you post and I test your ebuild/overlay.

Do put up some brief instructions, since abondoning the radeon
driver, I've not been able to get anything but a black screen
out of the ati-binary driver, with any number of kernels I've tried.

What's your entry for that 9200 card in the make.conf?

Can you send me the relevant portions of the xorg.conf file?

James