On 1/2/07, Randy Barlow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've added apps/gnome-power-manager, and then I made the
battery_percentage_low key and set it to 5, and now the problem is gone.
But I still wonder if this is a bug I should file, or just leave it be.
It seems like this key should have been initialized to *something* for
me by the ebuild so that I didn't get an error every time I started
gnome after an upgrade, but that might just be my opinion...

I had this problem as well a while back - it's an error in the ebuild
or the package, I can't exactly remember (didn't have time to
document/file a bug when I had the problem and found the solution) -
basically, in 2.16.2, the install is missing a step that
creates/initializes various gconf settings - To get aroundd it at the
time, I installed 2.16.1, which does do the initialization, then
upgraded to 2.16.2. 2.16.2 is no longer in the tree, but you should be
able to get it from the archives (forget where/how, someone else will
speak up who knows). Also, this *is* something you want to do (even
though you have already manually fixed the immediate error pop-up) -
there's *alot* of settings in addition to the battery_percentage_low
setting that should be there for proper fun and happiness with
gnome-power-manager.

HTH-

James

Randy Barlow
http://www.electronsweatshop.com
Jesuit priests are DATING CAREER DIPLOMATS!!