On Saturday 06 January 2007 00:43, Daniel Barkalow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?':
> (Actually, I think that it would be even better
> to have the etc-update/dispatch-conf step done before the ebuild qmerge
> step, so that the user's chosen config file is merged at the same time
> as everything else, but that's another thing entirely.)

Well, emerge is supposed to be able to be run without interaction; some
packages (doom3, for example) do require action, but it's generally
frowned upon.  (And some ebuilds, like webapp-config's have be be massaged
because configuration files are modified after all merges are complete.)

More on topic, I like your idea, but not in a position right now to make
the necessary hacks to portage.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest