I would add that I haven't got my SD card reader on my HP DV8000 series
to work in Linux. Then again I haven't tried very hard, and I have an
external USB one that I got for a few quid (~$5-6?) off the net which
works like a dream.

David
Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
list.