You could try either the gentoo security list or irc channel. Failing
that try the securityfocus lists. Once you have linux program source
you can then install either with the source or make an ebuild.
Failing the above you could perhaps run pwdump under wine.
Not tried any of the above but seems a reasonable way to go.

stu

On 09/01/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 09 January 2007 17:35, norman wrote:
> perhaps this can be of use
>
> http://www.antsight.com/zsl/rainbowcrack/ it takes some time to build the
> tables and the files generated a big.
>
> cheers
>
> norman
>
> Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi All,
>
> Do you know if Gentoo offers any tool(s) to extract the hash numbers from
> MSWindows SAM files?  I am thinking of the Linux equivalent of e.g.
> pwdump.exe
>
> I need the hashes to be able to run john:
> ==========================
> # john sam
> No password hashes loaded
> ==========================
>
> I've looked around but couldn't find anything.

Thank you Norman,

I'm afraid that after the tables are generated I will still need something
like pwdump2 to extract the hashes from the sam file.  :-(

--
Regards,
Mick

--
"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
binary, those who don't"

--Unknown