I've been holding back on replying for a while now, but I think you
should try a simple iptables setup like this one:

Excuse me, but my problem is not that my tables are not working, they
work very well. I applied forwarding and masquerading, also a basic
set of filtering rules which block all access from outside.

My problem is that these rules i hqave defined are somehow overwritten
by the net init script, with some remaining settings from my previous
shorewall configuration.

I compared the tables i had with shorewall with my new settings and
the one who are changed by the net init script are looking the same
settings i had with shorewall for input forward and output.

I am sure that i have removed shorewall completely, so i guess
shorewall must have altered a file which is used by the init script,
so that the old settings are restored everytime i start the net
init.script.
Does anybody has a clue?

Regards,

Daniel