On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:57:54 +0100
"Huib van Wees" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I don't know when this happend, I don't reboot my system very often.
> Here is the issue.
>
> This Gentoo box has 5 ethernet interfaces. All together in bridge br0
>
> But somehow the default gateway isn't set at boot time which is quiete
> anoying, this worked before but I think the net startup script has
> been updated and this is changed.
>
> Anyone any clues?
>
> This is how mijn /etc/conf.d/net looks like:
> bridge_br0="eth0 eth1 eth2 eth3 eth4"
> config_br0=( "172.30.0.4 broadcast 172.30.255.255 netmask
> 255.255.0.0" ) gateway="br0/172.30.0.1"

from /etc/conf.d/net.example:

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Bridging (802.1d)
# For bridging support emerge net-misc/bridge-utils

# To add ports to bridge br0
#bridge_br0="eth0 eth1"
# or dynamically add them when the interface comes up
#bridge_add_eth0="br0"
#bridge_add_eth1="br0"

# You need to configure the ports to null values so dhcp does not get
started #config_eth0=( "null" )
#config_eth1=( "null" )

# Finally give the bridge an address - dhcp or a static IP
#config_br0=( "dhcp" ) # may not work when adding ports dynamically
#config_br0=( "192.168.0.1/24" )

# If any of the ports require extra configuration - for example
wireless or # ppp devices - we need to depend on them like so.
#RC_NEED_br0="net.eth0 net.eth1"

# Below is an example of configuring the bridge
# Consult "man brctl" for more details
#brctl_br0=( "setfd 0" "sethello 0" "stp off" )