On 1/20/07, Uwe Thiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One good thing (among others) of using a real desktop environment is that all
apps share the vast majority of libraries which are loaded into memory just
once. When you mix environments or use an eclectic  collection of unrelated
apps, they all draw in different libraries and memory usage goes up.

With this in mind, would running a (few) GTK apps on KDE make a large
difference? For instance, I am quite fond of Gaim, and even if I were
to try KDE, I wouldn't want to give it up (though I heard Kopette is
comparably capable).

--
How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.