Hi,
# watch ps -C <processname> v
or
# watch ps -p <pid> v

v stands for virtual memory.

Otherwise
# watch /proc/<pid>/statm
This can help you on how to interpret the result:
http://redhat.activeventure.com/9/referenceguide/s1-proc-directories.html
(find statm)

If you want it graphically, I don't know... maybe ksysmon under kde or gtop...
I found this: http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/Process-Monitor-HOWTO-8.html

2007/1/23, Wolfgang Liebich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi,
I want to trace the memory consumption of one selected process
(threads and maybe child processes included). In WindowsNT and higher
the Performance Monitor can do that. Is there a linux tool out there
which can perform that feat, or do I have to hack a script which
periodically looks into /proc and gathers all stats by itself?
Ciao,
Wolfgang

Alexis Lahouze - Capgemini Bordeaux
Développeur NTIC