Richard Fish wrote:
On 1/22/07, Jakob Buchgraber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello!
So I downgraded to udev-103 again and now I get the error message (on
startup) that /lib/udev/net.sh cannot be executed, because this file
doesn't exist!
I also tried reemerging udev, but it didn't help.

What kernel version are you using.  I suspect the problem with -104
may be due to using an older kernel version.  Also downgrading udev
can be tricky, because it may leave orphaned files around (which seems
to be the problem you are having with -103).

A guideline when upgrading udev:
- be sure to run etc-update/dispatch-conf and accept any file
modifications for /etc/udev/rules.d/.  The only file you should modify
in here is 10-local.rules, and udev shouldn't touch it.

A guideline when downgrading udev:
- run etc-update/dispatch-conf just as when upgrading
- Also check each file in /etc/udev/rules.d with "equery belongs" to
find any orphans and consider removing them.  Again, your rules in
10-local.rules should be ok to keep.

-Richard
Thanks for your reply!

I already fixed the problem with the udev error messages by simply deleting /et/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules (and reemerging udev) as this file was not update correctly despite running etc-update! I am now running udev-104 which works fine for me :-)

Thanks!

Best Regards Jay