As far as I can see there is no chance neither to get my Radeon to
cooperate with open source driver nor to turn on AIGLX with my fglrx, at
least at the moment of writing. It's a pity, but allow me then to return
to the secondary topic of this thread.

Is it possible to enable some kind of a chooser which would allow me to
choose whether I'd like to launch Xgl or Xorg? While working on my
/usr/share/gdm/default.conf I've spotted a server called 'chooser'.
Could you tell me what is this server doing and could it be a solution
for my problem?

Of course the choice doesn't have to be done in GDM. It could be a tiny
bash script or a simple C++ application run in the default runlevel
which would ask me for pressing a specific key to run Xorg - otherwise
it will run Xgl - for example changing the line "0=Standard" in the file
I've mentioned above. Have you got ideas or do I have to write such an
app by myself?

Regards,
Jan Stępień

--