Hello,
On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 10:51:48AM -0800, Grant wrote:
> and the vi command always seg faults.  Does that mean the /dev/hda3
> image is done-for and I should just start the laptop over from scratch
> and import my /etc/ and /home/ directories when it's re-installed?

I would try putting it all back and re-emerge everything (emerge -vaD
--emptytree world). It would fix if anything bad happened to the compiled
things and you could start using the things which survived sooner.

Hope it works well for you

--
Anyone seen smoking will be considered on fire and will be put out immediately.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner