On Wednesday 31 January 2007 22:09, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:31:03 +0100, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:

> > So adding a line to the fstab file just screws up the system as  it
> > seems. Removing it leaves me with changable names in the media folder
> > (/media/disk, media/disk-1, depending on what's happening..
>
> Adding a line in fstab overrides the naming that pmount would otherwise
> use, but you have to add "users" to the options to allow it to be mounted
> as a normal user. Generally, fstab and HAL-driven automounting don't play
> well together.

Apparently.. the "users" flag was already added (noauto, user) so that's not
the problem..

/dev/minolta  /mnt/camera  vfat  noauto,user 0 0

to be precise.

> You need to set up udev rules to have persistent naming for your devices,
> then KDE will use this to name the mount point. See
> http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php

Done too. udev creates a nice /dev/minolta which I would like automounted
to /mnt/camera (or even /media/camera)

If only pmount.allow would allow for a <device> <label to use>. But as it
seems that would make life to simple eg. less interesting..;)

Thanks,
 Gerhard

--
Ithaka photography, http://ithaka.mine.nu/