On 11/02/07, Hemmann, Volker Armin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

On Sonntag, 11. Februar 2007, Jeff Rollin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am having trouble when compiling things on Gentoo. When I start a
> compile, it goes partway through and then reboots the machine (I can't
> confirm it's due to a compile but it seems likely since I have been
> compiling things each of the times this has happened.
>
> One thing that might be causing the problem (?) is that last time I
> compiled the kernel I stupidly left out ACPI support.
>
> Any ideas?

like building a kernel with that ACPI stuff?
Or let the case open?

I have replaced the kernel with a prebuilt one from the LiveCD, to no
effect. (That is, it works, until the machine reboots again)

Building one wouldn't be an option as this machine is the only one I
currently have w/ Linux on it and it does not "survive" a compile before
rebooting

Letting the case open I suppose would be a good diagnostic. Hopefully I will
find a permanent solution though

Jeff