On Wednesday 21 February 2007, Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 10:13:36AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote
>
> > Rconfigure and recompile the kernel:
> >
> > make menuconfig -> Device Drivers -> Character Devices -> Direct
> > Rendering Manager
> >
> > make it a module. Or, you can just deselect it as the ati drivers
> > provide their own drm implementation. If you leave the in-kernel
> > version enabled as a module you will have to ensure that the drm
> > module is not loaded when X starts
>
>   Thanks for the explanation of the process.

Yr welcome

> > This is all documented by ATI in nice html format in an "ati*"
> > directory in /usr/share/doc/
>
>   Not if I have "-doc" in my USE var<g>.

I know the feeling. I keep taking "doc" out of my USE and putting it
back in. Never can make up my mind....

On the one hand, /usr/share/doc has been almost 2G big (!) at times, and
otoh one can miss the really useful stuff....

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,
Pessimists say the glass is half empty,